Wednesday 4 January 2017

Magnus the Red, Daemon Primarch of the Thousand Sons


Hello Again Everyone,

Welcome to the New Year! I hope you all had a happy responsible holidays with much hobby fun had! I myself have been beavering away on my latest project: Magnus the Red! But before we move on I just wanted to apologise for the way the first battle report ended...  In that it kind of didn't... Basically upon getting my phone looked at for a minor repair, it got reset to factory settings and I lost all of the photos of the actual battle,  so there was little point I felt in writing an article without any images. For those of you that want to know how it finished up, The Grey Knights won,  12-8 with both Renegade knights being destroyed and only a unit of blood crushers and a unit of Paladins with Draigo at the end (really need to focus more on getting rid of Draigo as soon as possible). It was an intense battle,  and hopefully I'll have much better luck with getting it posted up next time!

Anyways without further ado onto Magnus!


Magnus the Red,  Daemon Primarch of Tzeentch,  Games Workshop 2016© 


Magnus the Red,  BY ME!!! 

This bad boy has been my Christmas project, and while progressing well (and tabletop ready, sans-basing) I still have to finish off some of the fiddly bits like tipping all the wings with ceramite white.




I cannot espouse the use of the painting tutorial over at Warhammer TV by Duncan and has really helped pulling everything to a level even I am impressed with! I didn't quite follow the paint scheme Duncan used but I am quite happy with it (if you want further details just ask in the comments). Also I suffered from "MUST BUILD IT ALL" syndrome and didn't make any sub assemblies. It speaks to how well this model is designed that this didn't cause too many issues.


For now,  a little rest is needed to avoid burning out on one model (I find this works only if you have one other model to paint not "all the models" as I usually do), so I'll be putting some time into Cannoness Veridyan.  I'll update on her progress as it continues.

I can't wait to finish off Magnus and hopefully in the future get him fielded alongside some thousand sons (Ian over at krakaddict.blogspot.co.uk is building himself some Space Wolves I'll need to attempt to stomp),  until next time,  have a great year!

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment