Wednesday 22 February 2017

Pre-Tournament Update (The final last gasp)


Good Morning Ladies and Gents,

Apologies for the delay in getting something up but as always the joy of personal life impacts, such as work, and health have impacted myself in writing for the past 2 weeks. But we shan't dwell on such matters, let's get down to the nitty-gritty of why we are here - to see the shoddy state that is my army for the Birthday bash tournament!!!

This will be a short post as I'm pretty bushed even without painting a whole new army for the event (like some people Ian...), but see! I have actually been busy...

Night time painting without appropriate lighting... Excellent... 

There was a few painting aspects of my Necron models such as the carapaces that I wasn't very happy with, so in desperate mad dash, I've recoloured all of them in Caliban Green (this not a nice paint to work with,  it has a tendency to streak badly even after watering down). Not having as much time as I would like, I would edge highlight all of these areas for the event, but alas I had a lot of basing to complete as well.

I feel that the force looks much better than it was,  however the warriors definitely need stripping or replacing as they have been over painted several times in the last 8 years.

Right now I just have some minor repairs to do on the Canoptek Tomb Stalker as I managed to knock an arm off (would just happen wouldn't it...).

Otherwise have a wee look at the Force I'm taking to the Birthday Bash Tournament! Next time hopefully I'll have something up that is more up to my current standard of painting, and as always apologies for the shoddy camera work!











The event is this Saturday,  and I'll get as many photos of the armies attending and how I faired in the event (for good or for ill!). If you want to follow the post event run down from Dave Weston,  pop over to 40kaddict.uk
Also I have been working on St Celestine and the Geminae Superia, and I'll hopefully have these completed soon! 

Until next time, 
Jonathan 

8 comments:

  1. Looking good! Just got basing to do tonight and I will be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good Mike! Can't wait to see how they look in real life, I always fund photos never do models the justice the deserve, like real art they need to be experienced first hand. Also we definitely need to catch up in person on Saturday, kinda hoping we draw each other during the tourney 😁

      Delete
    2. That would be awesome, I'll see you on the bottom tables! Maybe we could talk to the organiser about being paired together in the first game (not sure if Dave is doing the draws or not). I don't really have much expectation of winning it, so it'll not be like we are trying to fix the result.

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha, we'll see who wins that wooden spoon!!! 😝 I'm never too worried about winning so hopefully there isn't too many hardcore lists floating around that I end up drawing a d having my face smashed in lol

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Necrons looking great! Best of luck at the tournament!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Cheers Greg! Can't imagine I'll do very well, but I'll be having some fun at it and hopefully everyone else has a great time too!

      NB: failing miserably at replying directly to people today hahaha

      Delete